Not sure how much space you need to store your items? The following tables gives a rough indication of approximate space you need to store your items in our self storage shipping containers. We compare this along side familiar household room dimensions.
We hold a vast variety of different sizes of container units. This makes us quite unique as a storage company. Our smallest 8 and 10 foot units can hold small flats or a one bedroom home. For bigger contents, it is possible to store the contents of an average two or three bedroom house with ease in our 20 foot ISO containers.
The next size up is our jumbo Hi Cube units, which can hold an average four bedroom house with ease.
Remember - A 20 foot ISO container will house an average 2 - 3 bedroom house if the contents are correctly well packed into the container. Most removal companies are familiar with this size and should pack your house contents correctly using all the space in an efficient manner.
Clicking on the tables below will enlarge.
Now for a little bit of facts and figures. The shipping industry is quite a significant part of the economy, and we take a quick look in brief:
1. Did you know that there are currently over 15 million shipping containers or boxes actually in circulation around the planet ? The number of shipping containers used at any one time are more than five million.
2. The very first shipping container which was constructed from metal was invented by Malcolm McLean in 1956. He created it to replace the old fashioned time consuming style of break-bulk container handling.
3. Nearly approximately 700 containers are declared lost on the seas every year!!
4. Over 95% of all shipping containers are manufactured in China. This is due to a number of varying factors. Briefly,wages are lower and secondly, a substantial amount of the worlds products are produced in China.
5. The liner shipping industry has reportedly spent in excess of US$235 billion in more than a dozen countries on the purchase of new vessels that can carry increasingly astonishing amounts of containers.
6. Shipping containers are VERY strong, mainly constructed from high grade steel, and a 20 foot container can hold around 30,000 Kg. The special steel is said to slow down rusting of the steel. They can also be stacked several units high.
7. If shipping containers are well maintained, they can last around 20+ years.
8. Did you know 95% of the world’s cargo is transported by ship. It still makes economic sense to transport goods in high volume ships than other ways.
9. The Port of Shanghai is reportedly the busiest port in the world which handles in excess of more than 30 million containers in 2013.
10. Storing you goods in one from Storage Carlisle® costs from £2.00 a day !! Call them today on 07739 103165.
Shipping containers are large heavy and substantial items weighing anywhere from one tonne for the very smallest, to around two and a half tonnes for our twenty foot long units. Containers are delivered and sited by Hiab (above picture) which is a lorry complete with in built craine. Siting them is difficult, as the units need to be level to function and open correctly. Here's a glimpse of units being delivered on site. It can take around an hour of time to site a container unit correctly.
STORAGE CARLISLE® PROVIDES MORE THAN JUST STORAGE ....... We do more than furniture and business related storage; we often have offices, shops and domestic and commercial property available for rent around Carlisle - For example ...
SMALL OFFICES, RETAIL SHOPS, WORKSHOPS, SMALL UNITS, YARD SPACE, PARKING. If you're in the market for any of these, please make contact with us and see how we can help you.
All rights reserved. STORAGE CARLISLE ® SELF STORAGE & SHIPPING CONTAINER STORAGE. 24 hour access, low cost self storage services | Carlisle City Centre. "Storage Carlisle", "Your Lock Your Key" & the Storage Carlisle logo are registered trademarks. Telephone 07739 103165. Storage Carlisle, Rome Street Depot, Carlisle.
Self storage Carlisle | Furniture Storage | Shipping container storage, Removals, Household, furniture, business, car park, vehicle, caravan and Storage in Carlisle, Cumbria | Railway luggage and Station baggage service | Student storage and document storage solutions | Locations: CA1, CA2, CA3, CA4, CA5, CA6, CA7, CA8, CA9, CA10, CA11, CA12, CA13, CA14, CA15, CA16, CA17, CA18, CA19, CA20 | Yards & industrial / commercial property | Work space | Work shops, industrial and business units. Rome Street Depot, Carlisle, CA2 5AQ.